A teenager has admitted murdering a 16-year-old boy on Irvine Beach.
On Monday, a jury was told Cole Turley, 18, had earlier pleaded guilty as two other teenagers went on trial for the killing of Kayden Moy on May 17, 2025.
The murder charge says Jay Stewart, 18, and a 15-year-old boy, while acting with Turley, pursued Mr Moy and caused him to fall to the ground before they repeatedly stabbed him to the body.
It is alleged that Stewart and the other teenager had previous ill-will and malice towards him.
The pair face a separate charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice, while acting with Turley, between May 17 and 21, 2025.
It is claimed that they attempted to remove blood from the knife, fled Irvine Beach and hid within bushes there.
The pair are said to have requested a third party to book a taxi for them to leave the area.
It is stated that they travelled to an address in East Kilbride, Lanarkshire, repeatedly covered their faces with clothing to conceal their identities from cameras as well as a video doorbell.
The pair are claimed to have changed their clothing as well as washed their bodies and hands of blood.
Knives are stated to have been secreted in a divan bed frame and a freezer.
It is further claimed that they requested someone burn their discarded blood stained clothing and telephone.
The allegations say that they fled from the East Kilbride property through a window to avoid detection by police officers.
It is claimed that the pair used cash to pay for goods to avoid debit cards being linked to them.
They are later alleged to have handed police the clothing they were wearing and stated it was worn at the time of the alleged murder.
The teenager is stated to have stayed at a Holiday Inn in East Kilbride.
Stewart appears on a charge himself accused of behaving in a threatening or abusive manner at an address in East Kilbride on May 1, 2025.
It is claimed he sent messages via social media, uttering threats of violence.
Stewart and the teenager face a similar charge on May 17 on Irvine Beach where they are stated to have acted with Turley and shouted, behaved in an aggressive manner, challenged others to fight as well as brandished knives and a baton.
The pair are further claimed to have acted with Turley to culpably and recklessly threw rocks at members of the public, placing them in danger of injury.
Stewart and the teenager lastly face charges of having a knife on Irvine Beach.
The trial at the High Court in Glasgow was told that both men have lodged a special defence of incrimination against Turley who jurors were told by the clerk “has already pleaded guilty to said [murder] charge.”
Stewart is represented by Donald Findlay KC while the teenager has Ian Duguid KC appearing for him.
The trial continues before Judge Lord Scott.
Follow STV News on WhatsApp
Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

Police Scotland






















