Andrew summoned by US Congress to explain Epstein links

The US Committee on Oversight and Government Reform said it is investigating the late financier’s “sex trafficking operations” and wrote to the former prince.

Members of US Congress have written to Andrew Mountbatten Windsor requesting he sit for a “transcribed interview” in connection with his “long-standing friendship” with paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein.

In the letter, sent to the former prince on Thursday, the US politicians said the House Oversight Committee had identified “financial records containing notations such as ‘massage for Andrew’ that raise serious questions”.

The formal request from members of Congress came as the King officially stripped his disgraced brother of both his HRH style and his prince title.

The letter, signed by 16 members of Congress, requested that Andrew respond by November 20.

Andrew has faced growing controversy over his links to Epstein, although he formally denies all allegations.

Andrew is not compelled to attend the interview; however, government ministers have previously said should he be asked to do so, he “of course” should, in the interests of providing justice and clarity to Epstein’s victims.

While Charles’ decision to banish Andrew from the monarchy and remove his titles was announced a week ago, issuing the Letters Patent – legal documents written by the monarch – formally marks the changes.

A Letters Patent was issued and published in The Gazette, the UK’s official public record.

It reads: “The King has been pleased by Letters Patent under the Great Seal of the Realm dated 3 November 2025 to declare that Andrew Mountbatten Windsor shall no longer be entitled to hold and enjoy the style, title or attribute of ‘Royal Highness’ and the titular dignity of ‘prince’.”

Despite denying all accusations, Andrew has been under increasing pressure over sexual abuse allegations and his relationship with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

It prompted the King to take action, with the support of Prince William and other senior royals, to also remove Andrew from his Windsor home, the Royal Lodge.

Another entry confirmed the removal of Andrew from the Roll of Peerage as the Duke of York, as previously announced.

“The King has been pleased by Warrant under His Royal Sign Manual dated 30 October 2025 to direct His Secretary of State to cause the Duke of York to be removed from the Roll of the Peerage with immediate effect,” it reads.

STV News is now on WhatsApp

Get all the latest news from around the country

Follow STV News
Follow STV News on WhatsApp

Scan the QR code on your mobile device for all the latest news from around the country

WhatsApp channel QR Code
Posted in

Today's Top Stories

Popular Videos

Latest in UK & International

Trending Now